September always feels like a fresh start. I was the most excited person in the world to get to go buy new pencils and markers and fun school supplies for Will this year. This is a little bit nuts, but, in all honesty, I always buy myself a few “school supplies” too! It was always one of my favorite rituals and feels like a way to punctuate the summer, make way for the fall. I always pick up some fun new notebooks and pens. I mean, I’m a writer for heaven’s sake! Who only writes on her computer… And has a bunch of new, empty notebooks… I will probably be on some sort of TLC show now that I’ve admitted that…
Anyway, maybe it’s the subconscious idea that it’s back-to-school time, maybe it’s that my brain functions better when it’s getting a little cooler… And, now that I’m a mom, maybe it’s just getting back on a schedule. But September goal setting is always fun and easy for me. I don’t have that many goals for this month because it’s a super, super busy one. But the ones I do have are pretty big! Here it goes:
1. Final, final, final draft of Dear Carolina turned in.
2. Finish next manuscript. (So, yeah, didn’t do that last month… But I made loads of progress!)
3. Get Will’s other twin bed set up! This is ridiculous… I have mattress boxes sitting in my entrance hall. (Maybe I’ll get that done in the next couple of days so it can be checked off my “August” list where it was originally! Every boy needs two beds to jump on 🙂
1. Juice 3 times.
2. Two long yoga sessions.
3. Go on a date with hubby.
2. Do my devotion.
3. Spend 15 mins tidying before bed.
4. Go over letter sounds with Will.
5. Post on Design Chic.
That’s it! Pretty easy!
Do you feel like September is an easy time to get back on track? Any special projects or goals on tap for this month? I’d love to hear about them!